· WECA – Members were represented on 4 groups last week looking at regional recovery and skills, they were: 1. Digital Inclusion 2. Apprenticeships (I chaired the group) 3. Training & Re-training 4. Unemployment – notes and recommendations will be passed back to the Skills Advisory Panel and then up to the LEP board and WECA recovery group for action as part of a coherent plan. You will be informed what this will look like when plans are developed further.
· As mentioned in the network meeting, along with the existing groups you are represented on, I’ve been asked to join the WECA careers hub stakeholder group, BCC Post 16 strategic group, B&NES Apprenticeship group, NEET group and Employment and Skills group
· Workforce for the Future – the bidding process was delayed and changed due to current circumstances but the network will be submitting a bid for an Apprenticeship SME service later in July, will keep you updated how this goes.
· ASK Programme – Schools are still keen to hear about Apprenticeships and I’ve been delivering virtual sessions on a weekly basis. My newsletter to schools will go out tomorrow, is there any promotion of vacancies or courses you would like included, schools are keen to hear of opportunities, especially for any year 11’s not quite settled?
· ReSSA – Redundancy Support for Apprentices – A new service (from the ESFA) will be out soon and they are keen to work with local networks, local/combined authorities and providers to support redundant apprentices – here is some detail will keep you updated of further developments.