Wed, 28 Feb|
Parents & Carers - Apprenticeship Information Evening, Bath
Clear and relevant information and guidance for parents and carers. With a panel of experts who will share their real life experiences of apprenticeships.
Dates & Location
28 Feb 2024, 17:00 – 19:00
Bath College, Avon St, Bath BA1 1UP
About The Event
In uncertain and changing times making education pathway decisions with a hope for the ultimate prize, a sustainable well-trained career, can be tricky and a little stressful.
Many parents, just like you, come to us and say the landscape is confusing although they hear the rewards are on a par with the highest levels of education, they hear apprenticeships have modernised, including a degree apprenticeship offer.
The UK is facing labour shortages, high numbers of vacancies, low numbers of job seekers and this may not be changing dramatically, any time soon. Opportunity could lie in the workplace. Work and education together could be the best of both worlds for some young people, could it be yours, want to find out more?
Find out more about:
- Different levels and how apprentices can progress
- Where and when to look for them, how to explore options
- How employers design them, the vast range and the number of vacancies
- The range of wages and the high value of training delivered at no cost to the student
- How successful apprentices have secured an apprenticeship offer
- How the training/education element might work and how they are quality controlled by Ofsted
- How by choosing an apprenticeship, it doesn’t have to set your career path for good, they could bethe best way to explore career paths and gain the real skills employers seek, work ready skills, gained through learning by doing. Learn the theory, put it into practice, the stickiest most powerful way to learn.
- How students can apply for as many as they would like, alongside college options or University choices and make their own minds up on the best offer, which suits their needs.
- How some students complete an apprenticeship then start University later on, more focused (and with some savings)
Plus hear from current apprentices, employers of apprentices and training providers. All on hand to provide their lived experience and useful hints and tips on how to secure one!
No parking on site, however Avon Street car park in walking distance.
- Ticket type
Apprenticeship Info eveningPrice£0.00